Thursday, November 8, 2007

Updates, food, etc

So, I realize I haven't updated in a while, but really it's just been due to extreme stress, business and lack of overall motivation to do anything more than I need to, so while I'm feeling energetic, after a fantastic vegetarian version of a traditional Scottish breakfast, I'll fill you all in on my life.

First and foremost, THE RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!! Yes this made me incredibly happy, yes I drank an entire bottle of champagne at 5 in the morning, and yes, it fucked up my sleep schedule, but it really was all worth it, we are the CHAMPIONS!!

Secondly, boxing: Boxing is going well, quite well actually, I'm in very good shape, cuz I run nearly every morning, and train for 2 hrs 3 times a week, in the ring, with pads and bags. Tuesday I went to a trials match in Edinburgh for a big set of fights in London at the end of teh month. Unfortunately, the trials didn't go as I'd hoped. I needed to win 3 matches, or score 150 points (points are scored with every instance of solid contact with your opponent). I went in feeling good, despite the fact, that while drunk on Friday night, I face planted into my carpet and split open my lip and then saturday boxing I broke my nose. Last weekend I was fighting quite well, after my coach set my nose that is, because I was protecting my nose, and keeping my guard up to do so better then I ever had. However, on Tuesday, 1 minutes and 42 seconds into my first fight, a fight I was winning mind you, I set my back hand down a bit to wipe blood from my nose, and my opponent got me with a solid right hook to my nose that knocked me out. I woke up to Tom standing over me with smelling salts asking me if I could see alright. Well the way amateur boxing rules are written over here, I was not allowed to box again for 24 hrs, so no more fights fore me, which means I didn't qualify for London, oh well, the UK Cup is next semester and thats the important match to qualify for.

As for food, this morning after Russian class I decided that since I haven't been eating well lately, I wanted to treat myself to a good breakfast, so I headed over to this cafe called Little Johns on Market Street, and ordered a vegetarian version of the traditional Scottish breakfast. It was exceptionally good. It included a fried egg, half a tomato, sauteed mushrooms, baked beans, toast, veggie sausage, and veggie haggis. Quite a bit of food, but damn was it good. I'm pretty sure veggie haggis is my new favorite thing in the world.

This week is almost over, and next week is reading week, which means no classes, for me. Some people are travelling and I was originally planning a trip to Stockholm to see relatives, but the deadline for my history essay was extended, and I decided that I need to stay home, take advantage of the extra time, and do well on this essay, I dont think I can bullshit 5000 words as well as I used to be able to.

For now that is all, hope everyone is well, and had a good halloween!.

No comments: